Congregations for Children (C4C)
Congregations For Children (C4C) is a state-wide initiative of The United Methodist Church focused on reflecting the love of Christ to our “neighbors” by helping children in public schools who are living in poverty. Swansboro UMC's primary partnership is with Silverdale Elementary School in Maysville, NC.
C4C’s areas of focus include:
- Supporting K-3 literacy
- Helping with basic needs
- Encouraging parental involvement
PRAY for God's guidance and presence throughout the year.
Here are some ways you can help during the school year:
- Club morning assistants
- Classroom helpers/tutors
- Teacher appreciation events
- Literacy Month events
- Test proctoring
- February Friendship project
- Spring Book project (helper on the committee)
2019/2020 Project Opportunities
Summer 2019: We are collecting school supplies for Silverdale Elementary students, K - 5th grade. Please drop off any donated items in the white baskets at church (each narthex and by the church office door) anytime July 14 until August 14. Items requested are on this list. (Click to enlarge)
Upcoming meetings for new and returning volunteers:
- Thursday, August 15, 9 a.m. - School supply sorting and delivery - all are welcome for a fun morning! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for directions to house.
- Tuesday, September 10, 1 - 3 p.m. - Volunteer Kick-off meeting: orientation and sign-ups. Location: Rm 25, Bldg 1 (Library)
Thanks for your past and present support of this worthwhile literacy project!
Contact Peggy Stolzenberg at C4C@SwansboroUMC.org to join us, ask questions, donate, or volunteer. We do not have many meetings, but connect via email.