Calendar / Events
come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
Blessings In 2018
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00
p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other
meetings happening there. ***
Sundays (9:45 a.m.) & Thursdays (4:00 p.m.) January 14 - February 22 ~ "The Genius of American Religion" The six-week course is an overview of the history of Faiths in the New World & how they work together (or not) in a unique diverse culture. Included are topics on colonial religion, the US Constitution and Faiths, circuit riders, cults along the Erie Canal, warning signs when religion becomes evil and religion and responsibility in America. Jim Brewster, retired UM pastor, former adjunct instructor, “Ancient Messiahs and Modern Cults” at UNCW will teach the classes. Sunday classes are at 9:45 a.m., Room 35, lower level, Bldg 2. An identical session will be on Thursdays at 4:00 p.m., same room. It is not necessary to pre-register. Contact: email@example.com, or 910.431.0382.
Sundays, January 14 - March 18, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. ~ "Acts in Action" Bible Study focusing on the Book of Acts. Bring your favorite Bible & join in studying Acts and applying it to our daily lives. Taught by Cheryl Epperson. Location: Rm LL33, Bldg 2.
Thursday - Sunday, January 25 - 28 ~ Youth Ski trip to Winterplace, WV. Commitment form and deposit was due by Sunday, December 17, 2017. Contact: Pastor Andrew
Sunday, January 28, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. ~ Souper Supper/Souper Bowl of Caring sponsored by Family Ministries. Bring your favorite pot of soup to share. Come taste new soups & vote on your favorite. Who will win this year's "prized" soup ladle for the favorite soup? Donations will help support the Onslow Community Outreach Soup Kitchen. Save resources by bringin your own bowl. Location: Assembly Hall, Bldg 3.
Tuesday, January 30, 10:30 a.m. - Noon ~ Congregations for Children. All are invited to join the SUMC Congregations for Children volunteers for a meeting followed by lunch. Contact Peggy Stolzenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Sunday, February 4, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. ~ Confirmation Class. Did you or your youth miss the confirmation class typically held for 6th graders? Pastor Scott & his wife Amy will lead a six week confirmation class for anyone who has not been confirmed. The class will begin February 4th. Dinner is included. The participants in this class will be confirmed on Sunday March 25th. If you, or your youth is interested in this class, please contact Pastor Scott at email@example.com or call 910.326.4822.
Sunday, February 11 ~ Methodist Home for Children Sunday. NC Conference of the UMC take up a special collection for the children & families served by Methodist Home for Children on this Sunday.
Saturday, April 21 ~ Church-wide Yard Sale! (click for details) Drop off container open Sundays 4:40 - 6:30 p.m. January - March except for Jan 28th and Feb 4th.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Interested in knitting or crocheting for others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365).
- 12 Noon - UMM Peanut Cooking - Bldg 1, lower level Kitchen - Click here for schedule. Contact: Mel Guss.
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Charlton Burns (252.675.9550) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. - Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity.
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736) or Golf@SwansboroUMC.org.
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. - Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL, Bldg 2 (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- 10:00 a.m. - Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry - Crochet/knit shawls with love & prayers of healing September - March. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365). Location: Barnum House (Bldg 4)
- 10:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Hope Mission trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th & Bridges. 3 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Linda Biddy at 910.325.7770. SUMC also serves whenever there is a 5th Tuesday in the month - Jan, May, Aug, & Oct 2017.
- 6:30 p.m. ~ Meditation Workshop - For more details, contact Jim Brewster (firstname.lastname@example.org) Location: Library (Bldg 1)
- Fourth Tuesdays
- 6:00 p.m. - Monthly Prayer Service in the Sanctuary
- 6:00 p.m. - Monthly Prayer Service in the Sanctuary
- Second Wednesdays - UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Third Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - UMM Fellowship meetings. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (lower level Education Bldg)
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. - UMM Bible Study on the Book of Revelations (Start date: Oct. 19) Contacts: John Lee (email@example.com) and Bill Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) Location: Bldg 1 Rm 13 (Enter from lower level)
7:30 p.m. - Chancel Choir. Building 1, Room 21 (Music Room)
- Noon - UMM Informal Lunch Gatherings. Email Peanuts@SwansboroUMC.org or call 910.326.7997 for the weekly location.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays - before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays - UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.
- Growth Groups - see page for info