Calendar / Events
come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
Blessings In 2017
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other meetings happening there. ***
Monday, September 25, 6:30 p.m. ~ Faith and (Non) Fiction book study group: The next book is My First Summer in the Sierra by John Muir (1911) which details his first trip to Yosemite, that led to a national environmental consciousness that Christians share. (Paperback is under $10). Location: Bldg 1, Rm 25, Library. For study guide, call Jim Brewster 910.478.9727
Tuesday, September 26, 6:30 - 8:00 ~ Meditation Workshop. This workshop is open to all. Location: Bldg 2, Rm 37 (lower level) Contact: Jim Brewster 910.478.9727
Saturday, September 30, 8:45 a.m. - noon ~ Wisdom of Women event in the Assembly Hall. Pastor Crystal is the keynote speaker. Click here for more info about sessions and online registration.
October 6 - 7 ~ Youth trip to The Refuge in Ayden, NC. We're going to stay the night and then have a canoeing and kayaking trip on their grounds! Please complete this Commitment form and turn it in to Pastor Andrew if you would like to come! Questions? contact: Pastor Andrew (FamilyMinistries@SwansboroUMC.org)
October 10, 17, 24 & 31, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. ~ Prayerful Gentle Yoga Series. No prior yoga experience necessary. The Series will offer sacred space to still the mind, move the body and renew the spirit! Pre-registration forms are required and located on the Welcome Center tables and in the church office. Class size: 25. Location: Fellowship Hall (Bldg 1, upper level) For more info, contact Debbie Peel, 200 RYT (in training) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 10 - 12 ~ Pilgrimage 2017 in Fayetteville, NC! It is a great gathering of youth and adults across the state to praise our God and listen to gifted speakers. Please complete the Commitment Form asap if you want to go. The deadline for commitment is Sunday, Oct. 22. Questions? contact: Pastor Andrew (FamilyMinistries@SwansboroUMC.org)
January 25 - 28, 2018 ~ Youth Ski trip. More info to come. Contact: Pastor Andrew
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Interested in knitting or crocheting for others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365).
- 12 Noon - UMM Peanut Cooking - Bldg 1, lower level Kitchen - Click here for schedule. Contact: Mel Guss.
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Beading Sisters: Girls and ladies (middle school age to adult) meet at the SUMC Barnum House to make bracelets for mission projects. Active during school year only. Contact Lynn Rouse (910.358.3572) or Susan Fulp (252.422.8900).
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Charlton Burns (252.675.9550) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. - Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity.
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736) or Golf@SwansboroUMC.org.
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. - Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- 10:00 a.m. - Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry - Crochet/knit shawls with love & prayers of healing September - March. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365). Location: Barnum House (Bldg 4)
- 10:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Hope Mission
trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th
& Bridges. 3 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Linda Biddy at
910.325.7770. SUMC also serves whenever there is a 5th Tuesday in the month - Jan, May, Aug, & Oct 2017.
- Second Wednesdays - UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Third Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - UMM Fellowship meetings. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (lower level Education Bldg)
7:30 p.m. - Chancel Choir. Building 1, Room 21 (Music Room)
- Noon - UMM Informal Lunch Gatherings. Email Peanuts@SwansboroUMC.org or call 910.326.7997 for the weekly location.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays - before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays - UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.