Calendar / Events
come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
Blessings In 2017
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other meetings happening there. ***
The Angel Tree is available! Please consider participating in support of a Christmas for local children. Please do not remove stars from the tree unless logged out by a volunteer. For more info, contact Bren Feutz at 910.546.9038.
Wednesday - Friday, November 22 - 24 ~ Church office closed for Thanksgiving
Tuesday, November 28, 6:30 p.m. ~ Monthly Prayer Service in the Sanctuary (Bldg 2)
Sunday, December 3, 8:30 & 11:00 a.m. ~ Cantata by the Chancel Choir
Sunday, December 3, 4:30 p.m. ~ Family Advent Wreath Making & Spaghetti Dinner. Bring the whole family, greenery from your own yard and your own clipping shears. We'll collect all the greenery together to share with all so all wreaths have a piece of our church family. Other items to make a wreath and the spaghetti dinner will be provided. Please sign up on one of the sheets in the narthex or church office by Sunday, November 27th. Contact: Bryson McLean (704.576.4572)
Wednesday, December 6, noon ~ Advent service and luncheon. Guest Speaker: Rev. Anne Walker Sims. (Service in Sanctuary, Bldg 2; Luncheon in Assembly Hall, Bldg 3)
Friday, December 8, 6:30 p.m. ~ SUMM Church-wide Christmas Banquet. There will be dinner and dessert with a special music presentation, songs, and praise accompanying the banquet. As there is limited seating, please make early reservations. The cost is $12.50 per person, payable to SUMM, in the church office. The deadline for reservations is December 4th. Location: Assembly Hall (Bldg 3)
Wednesday, December 13, noon ~ Advent service and luncheon. Guest Speaker: Rev. Jessie Larkins. (Service in Sanctuary, Bldg 2; Luncheon in Assembly Hall, Bldg 3)
Sunday, December 17, 7:00 p.m. ~ Christmas Lovefeast service in the Moravian tradition in the Sanctuary (Bldg 2)
Sunday, December 17 ~ Commitment form & deposit for Youth Ski Trip due.
Wednesday, December 20, noon ~ Advent service and luncheon. Guest Speaker: Rev. Taylor Mills. (Service in Sanctuary, Bldg 2; Luncheon in Assembly Hall, Bldg 3)
Sunday, December 24 ~
- 10:00 a.m. - Lessons & Carols (One worship service)
- 3:00 p.m. - Spontaneous Children's Christmas Pagent
- 5:00 p.m. - Candlelight Service (Traditional - in Sanctuary, Bldg 2)
- 5:00 p.m. - Candlelight Service (Contemporary - in Assembly Hall, Bldg 3)
- 7:00 p.m. - Candlelight Service with Holy Communion (Traditional - in Sanctuary, Bldg 2)
Thursday - Sunday, January 25 - 28, 2018 ~ Youth Ski trip to Winterplace, WV. Sign up now! Commitment form and deposit due by Sunday, December 17, 2017. Contact: Pastor Andrew
Saturday, April 21, 2018 ~ Church-wide Yard Sale!
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Interested in knitting or crocheting for others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365).
- 12 Noon - UMM Peanut Cooking - Bldg 1, lower level Kitchen - Click here for schedule. Contact: Mel Guss.
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Charlton Burns (252.675.9550) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. - Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity.
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736) or Golf@SwansboroUMC.org.
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. - Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL, Bldg 2 (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- 10:00 a.m. - Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry - Crochet/knit shawls with love & prayers of healing September - March. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365). Location: Barnum House (Bldg 4)
- 10:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Hope Mission trip to serve lunch to the homeless. Meet in Morehead City at 14th & Bridges. 3 volunteers needed each trip. Contact: Linda Biddy at 910.325.7770. SUMC also serves whenever there is a 5th Tuesday in the month - Jan, May, Aug, & Oct 2017.
- Fourth Tuesdays
- 6:00 p.m. - Monthly Prayer Service in the Sanctuary
- 6:00 p.m. - Monthly Prayer Service in the Sanctuary
- Second Wednesdays - UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Third Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - UMM Fellowship meetings. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (lower level Education Bldg)
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. - UMM Bible Study on the Book of Revelations (Start date: Oct. 19) Contacts: John Lee (email@example.com) and Bill Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) Location: Bldg 1 Rm 13 (Enter from lower level)
7:30 p.m. - Chancel Choir. Building 1, Room 21 (Music Room)
- Noon - UMM Informal Lunch Gatherings. Email Peanuts@SwansboroUMC.org or call 910.326.7997 for the weekly location.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays - before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays - UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.