Calendar / Events
come to the right place if you are looking for events and activities. Check below for upcoming activities/events.
Blessings In 2017
*** Child care is provided on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the church so that parents may participate in choir and other meetings happening there. ***
Summertime reading fun will begin soon! Congregations for Children (C4C) is collecting new/gently used children's books and chapter books, grades K-6th grade, for the students at Silverdale to take home for the summer! Please look for bins marked "Silverdale books" by the church office and in each narthex, if you wish to donate a book or two. We will collect the books until May 31.
Monday, May 29 ~ Church office closed in observation of Memorial Day
Sunday, June 4, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. ~ SUMC Student Ministries Summer Kickoff Party at the home of Nat & Megan Fahy. Potluck style - share in great food, fellowship & fun! Youth (rising grades 7 - 12) and their families are welcome to attend. RSVP to Pastor Angelo (PastorAngelo@Swansboroumc.org)
Sunday, June 11, 11 a.m. ~ Senior Sunday - honoring all high school seniors.
Sunday, June 11, 3:00 p.m. ~ Prometheus Saxophone Quartet concert. A variety of music will be played by this unique group of instrumentalists.
Monday, June 12, noon ~ Deadline for ordering Carnations for Dad.
Saturday, June 24, 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ~ Sound District UMW Spiritual Day Apart, Pine Valley UMC, 910 Pine Valley Rd, Jacksonville. Guest Speaker: Rev. Linda Taylor. Registration Deadline: June 17.
Monday, June 26 ~ Faith & Fiction book study group discussion on “The Dove Keepers”, a novel about Masada around the time of Christ. Contact: Jim Brewster (910.478.9727)
Monday-Thursday, July 10-13, 5 - 8 p.m. ~ POWER UP with us at Vacation Bible School! At Hero Central, all participants, kids and adults, will encounter epic adventures alsongside biblical heroes. Together we will all realize qualities that make us truly heroes in God! Click here for Pre-Registration form.
SUPER Volunteers are needed. Contact Susan Fulp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252.393.7805 to see how YOU can be a part of VBS 2017!
Thursday-Saturday, July 27-29 ~ Mission U ~ Methodist University, Fayetteville NC. Visit our UMW page for more details.
September 10 - November 5 ~ Financial Peace University: The smarter way to manage your money! More details to follow on this course scheduled for 9 weeks, Sundays 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Friday - Sunday, September 15-17 ~ Mother-Child Retreat. Visit our UMW page for details.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Mission Monday/UMW Craft Days ~ Barnum House (by lower parking lot). Whether you’re creative or not, you can get involved in several projects to benefit Haiti or local charities. Contact Lynn Rouse for more information.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Interested in knitting or crocheting for others? Hand Made'ns Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Barnum House. Meetings are short. Knitting or crocheting is done at your convenience. Contact Sarah Austin (910.389.4660) or Jane True (910.325.6365).
- 12 Noon - UMM Peanut Cooking - Bldg 1, lower level Kitchen - Click here for schedule. Contact: Mel Guss.
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Beading Sisters: Girls and ladies (middle school age to adult) meet at the SUMC Barnum House to make bracelets for mission projects. Contact Lynn Rouse (910.358.3572) or Susan Fulp (252.422.8900).
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Teen Community Bible Study at Swansboro First Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more info, contact Joanne School (910.389.8826) or Rachel Morton (910.326.5768) or crystalcoastteen.cbsclass.org.
- Every other Tuesday
- 1:30 p.m. - Men's golf group. Star Hill Golf Club. $35 for 18 holes or $25 for 9 holes. Seasonal activity
Contact Larry Philpott (910.322.4736).
- Second Tuesdays
- 1:00 p.m. - Help sort Second Sunday's Food collection, Room 38LL (under the sanctuary).
- Third Tuesdays
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. - Men's Bible Study: The Book of Revelation. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (enter from the lower parking lot). The curriculum is 6-8 weeks. Contact: Doug Johndrow (252.646.4824). Bring a Friend.
- Second Wednesdays - UMW Circle Meetings ~ Details are on our UMW page.
- Third Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - UMM Fellowship meetings. Location: Bldg 1, Room 13 (lower level Education Bldg)
7:30 p.m. - Chancel Choir. Building 1, Room 21 (Music Room)
- Noon - UMM Informal Lunch Gatherings. Email Peanuts@SwansboroUMC.org or call 910.326.7997 for the weekly location.
- Lord's Ladies Lunch
- UMKids - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- Confirmation Class - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. during school year
- UMYF (Junior & Senior) - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Sundays - before and after each worship service ~ Food Collection
Visit our Church and Society page for MANNA details.
- 2nd Sundays - UMW Mary Weeks (Creekside) Circle meets at 7 p.m.