Congregations for Children (C4C)
Congregations For Children (C4C) is a state-wide initiative of The United Methodist Church focused on reflecting the love of Christ to our “neighbors” by helping children in public schools who are living in poverty. Swansboro UMC's primary partnership is with Silverdale Elementary School in Maysville, NC.
C4C’s areas of focus include:
- Supporting K-3 literacy
- Helping with basic needs
- Encouraging parental involvement
PRAY for God's guidance and presence throughout the year.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Club morning assistants
- Lunch Buddies program
- Classroom helpers/tutors
- Classroom readers
- Teacher appreciation events
- Brown bag project
- Fall Festival
- Winter Friendship project
- Spring Book project
Contact Peggy Stolzenberg at C4C@SwansboroUMC.org to join our C4C team! You can join any time of the year.
Small group/fellowship/Scouts/student group service projects update September 2017:
Some wishes have already been fulfilled - thank you! The following projects/items on Silverdale's wish list are still available for groups to choose to help:
- Clean-up of the rusty benches in the school's courtyard
- Donate materials for and build 3 new playground Buddy Benches (wood)
- Provide a game or activity for the school's fall festival, and volunteer to run that. Ideas arvailable, just ask!